Sunday, March 4, 2012

Purple Hair and Finals

I have had a great weekend! Despite the fact that it is the weekend before finals :/ 
Friday night me and a bunch of other girls got together to bleach and dye our hair purple! Now I have a little purple streak in the back of my hair! It is my first time doing anything to my hair and I love it! I'm sure my mom does too hahaha


Most of Saturday was spent writing my term paper for Human Growth and Development, but I am finally finished! It was also my friend Michelle's birthday so we had a themed dinner (dressed up as little kids) and then a talent show and dance party! It was a lot of fun! I had a late night staying up and hanging out with friends in the spare 'oom (the extra room in our chalet where nobody lives, so we all use it as a hang out/homework/skype room, referencing the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe). I just love everybody here! I have met so many great people and love getting to know everyone better :) 


Today, for a Zulu experience, we all learned how to play african drums and other percussion instruments! Then in the evening my D-group went out for dinner to a burger place! It has been so long since I have had a good burger! It was delicious and now I am in a food coma (which is really preventing me from getting any studying done- so I decided to blog instead). 


This week we have finals for most of our classes and then we go on Safari!! I cannot wait!! I have wanted to go on an African safari since forever ago!! It is a dream come true! There is a cyclone coming through KwaZulu Natal right now but hopefully we will have good weather and will be able to see lots of animals! 


No comments:

Post a Comment