Thursday, January 26, 2012

Classes...

I finally learned some Zulu yesterday! We all have to take a intro to Zulu class but we are not graded and don't get any credits, which is fine by me because Zulu is really hard! We learned the three major clicks- the c, q, and x. But then, there are a bunch of variations of those clicks and you have to flawless integrate them into your speech! But there are a few words (without clicks) that I have learned how to say! 


Sawubona! (Hello)
Unjani? (How are you?)
Ngisaphila (I am fine) 
Wena Unjani? (And how are you?) 
Nami Ngiyaphila (I am also fine) 
Hamba Kahle (Go well) 


It's also really hard because they will put a whole sentence into one word! But, I am excited to learn more and hopefully get better at it! 


This morning I got to skype with my beautiful lab group!! I got to catch up with Grace, Sammy, and Uriel!! They always make me laugh so much!! :) Wish you guys could be here! 


I had my first Luke/Acts class today, which isn't technically a class.  Its more of an independent study because there are only two people in the class! My friend Kel and I! We meet once a week with Reg and then we do everything else on our own time.  I'm really excited because Reg has such a wealth of biblical knowledge and I get to have one on one time with him every week! But it is going to be a really hard class because the semester is so short and we have to fit everything in! Lots of reading and papers!


Tomorrow is finally Friday! It has been such a long week! Can't wait for the weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment