Friday, January 27, 2012

Week One Completed!

Some highlights from the past two days:

  • Bonfire! Friday night we all gathered around the huge bonfire and had s'mores :) We had to be creative and use sticks as skewers and some sort of cookie/cracker as a substitute for graham crackers. We also sang the whole soundtrack to the Lion King and some Taylor Swift and the Biebs accompanied by the ukulele! 
  • more mall runs :) And just a heads up, South Africans will think you are crazy if you try to order a coffee drink over ice. It just does not exist to have a cold coffee drink unless it is blended. Hence, their "iced coffee" is a coffee blended with ice cream. 
  • We watched Invictus! It was my first time seeing it and I loved it! And it is totally fitting for where we are right now :) Nelson Mandela is seriously my idol! 
  • Our driver Baba Phillip LOVES country music! So we play it all the time when we drive around! It's really weird to listen to country music not in America, but I am glad someone here likes it! It also made me a little homesick :( It reminds me of driving to the beach with Linnea, Abby, and Camille :) 
  • We have been on campus for a week now! It has felt much longer! I am so exhausted too! Mom, you would be so proud of me! I get up so early now! (I don't know how long that will last) 
Lastly, a big shout out to Ann Pham!!! Good luck on your MCAT tomorrow!! You are going to rock it!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment