Friday, February 24, 2012

Service Sites and UBI

Yesterday we found out what service sites we will be at!! I got RivLife!! My first choice!  I feel so blessed and totally reassured that it is where I am supposed to be. My two really good friends here are on the same team as me too! And some people who I haven't gotten to know as well so it will be really great! 


Today we went to Union Bible Institute (UBI) for our intercultural communications class where our professor teaches at.  We sang a Zulu song accompanied with awesome dance moves during their chapel.  I think they really enjoyed it! We then got to hang out with the students and got to know each other better. We also played games like net ball and soccer. It was a really fun day and cool to interact with South Africans our age. 


I just got back from star gazing at the volleyball courts on campus! It was amazing!! I have never seen so many beautiful stars! And I saw 3 shooting stars too! We all just laid on blankets/towels and talked as we looked up at the heavens. It was a great way to end the day :) 


Now I have to get some sleep for my big trip tomorrow! My Human Growth class is traveling to Lesotho which is another country landlocked by South Africa. It is all mountains and has the highest altitude in southern Africa! It is winter all year long there! They say it can be from 5-20 degrees F!! I will have to pack some warm clothes! And we get to go on a 6 hour horseback riding trek through the mountains led by the Basotho people!! I am so excited! And there are only 4 other people in my class so it will be a very small group! In less than 12 hrs I will be in another country! 

1 comment:

  1. Emi, I am so happy for you that you got RivLife. It sounds like you are having an amazing experience. The night sky is amazing when you are away from city lights. I think of 200 years ago in San Diego and I bet the sky was like that.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete