Sunday, January 22, 2012

Prys Sy Naam!

Prys Sy Naam! (Praise the Lord in Zulu) 


This was one of the songs we sang today in church. I went with a group to Leizel's and Reagan's church called God's People Life Centre Community Church. Leizel and Reagan are a young married couple and they are our CLCs (community Life Coordinator).  They are both so sweet and fun :) Church was really great! It was a lot longer than a normal service in America but we got to dance and meet some of the most welcoming people! 


After lunch one of the interns here, Ryno, took us on a hike to the Forgotten Falls! I'm guessin the reason they are called that is becasue the trail has been totally overgrown! Ryno took the lead with his two machetes and help cut the path for us! The trail was really slippery and steep at points, so I slipped and fell more times than I can count! But, it was all worth it when we got to the falls! It was beautiful and it was good to cool off :) 


We came back in time for some more orientation and then tea time! I can really get use to this! And they have the best cookies to eat with your tea too! 


There used to be a little rock pool on campus where you could swim but right now there is a huge pile of mud where it was. So, when it started to rain someone had the amazing idea to have a mud fight!! We all headed down and jumped right in! The mud was so deep and it was like sinking sand! It was almost impossible to move once you got stuck in the four feet of mud! It was pretty epic :) TIA! Look on facebook for pics! 


Now we are currently watching Lion King in the South African version of the Cougar's Den. How appropriate :) 


Tomorrow morning I am going to go on a walk to the game reserve and hopefully see some zebras! Pronounced Ze-bra, not Zee-bra :) 


Africa has totally exceeded all my expectations!! I can't believe this is all real! 


P.S. We all use TIA to describe everything that would only happen in Africa:)
Or as an excuse to do whatever we want haha
P.P.S. If you want to get a better idea of the campus I live on you can click this link! I live in Festo Kivengere: http://aeinternational.org/southafrica/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34&Itemid=32 







1 comment:

  1. I saw those pics of the mud hole and all i could think of was bugs and snakes haha I proud of you. Brave girl!! I love tea is it stronger in Africa? jw

    ReplyDelete