Thursday, January 19, 2012

Travel Days

These past two days have been LONG and TIRING! 

I had to be at the bus stop at 3 in the morning! Hannah Stevenson was so nice to see me off! We loaded up on to the bus at APU around 3:45 and then headed to LAX where our flight took off at eight. The first plane ride wasnt too bad. I was so tired I fell asleep even before the plan took off! I slept almost the whole way there.

We arrived in D.C. and had lunch before our next flight. Chipotle as my last meal in America!!

Our second flight was about 15 hrs long!! We has a touch down in Senegal but we all had to stay on the plane for an hour and we got sprayed by some mystery mist (to fight against bugs or disease i think), but it smelled horrible! It was really hard to sleep too because my butt was so sore! So I tried standing up and walking around a bit but there is not much you can do because once i sat back down again the soreness would come right back :(

We finally arrived in Johanessburg!! Reg, the director of the African Enterprise Campus and some of the other staff met us at the airport and we all headed over in a bus to our hotel.  The scereny in Joburg looked pretty much like America.  You really couldn't tell the difference.

We arrived at our hotel and walked over across the street to a food place called Apple Bite. Most of us got burgers but there was a variety of things- pizza, sandwiches, spaghetti, etc.  

Now for some good nights sleep hopefully!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok i wrote this awesome comment but im a lame blogger this is my first blogging experience so it got deleted haha the things i do for you :) I will try to re- inact it. So, I am so glad you made it safely Em <3 however the "mystery spray" sounds awful and so does the long flight. America huh? are you sure that mystery spray didn't distort your vision? to fly all those hours just to be back in America i think it was a trick.... haha jk well cheers to your new adventure. We love you and are praying for you.
    p.s. Nawai says hi and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete